- Book release and after-party tonight, Friday Nov. 5! Release is at Jayhawk Ink in the KU student union, with the after-party at my house from then until late. Hope to see you there!
- Just got my auto-deposit from the feds. Paid the mortgage & bills and will help pay for tonight's party supplies!
- Discovered I've been granted Special Graduate Faculty status for a renewable 5-year term. Woohoo! Now I can be instructor of record for grad classes, grad theses, and so forth, rather than needing to get another grad faculty member to input grades for me. It also means I can develop new grad classes - such as creating a line number for the summer SF Writing Workshop so that our grad students can get credit for it.
- Discovered that my position is being made a permanent budget item. This means no more year-to-year funding nonsense. Woohoo!
- I discovered a little brown bird who had flown into my sliding-door window. Not a happy moment, poor thing on its back, kicking and trying to flap its wings. When turned over, it flopped over onto its back again. Brought it to the vet to have the poor thing put down. Here comes the good news: The nurse who removed it from the towel in my backpack said the bird stood in her hand. Hooray! She's bringing it to Operation Wildlife for rehabilitation.
- My stepsister just had a baby! I'm an uncle again!
This is a good week! And here's what's new over the past month:
- Charles Beaumont films & talk next Tuesday, Nov. 9. Don't miss it!
- Astro-Porn of the Day: Jupiter, Andromeda Galaxy, and Orion Nebula Brighten an Election Night.
- We had an election and I asked, What the fuck has Obama done so far?
- Several pumpkins were massacred at my Halloween party.
- Weather-Porn of the Day: "Chiclone" over the Midwest
- James Gunn and I flit off to Morgantown, West Virginia, where Jim gives a talk on Isaac Asimov and we're treated to all manner of gentility by WVU.
- I haz a finished cover!
- I reach a weight not seen since my undergrad years.
- Quest for the Tires, wherein I go through absurd contortions on my quest to reshoe my Crossfire. And spend a fortune.
- Post: Astro-Porn of the Day: Solar Eruption is awesome.
- Robin Wayne Bailey, Susan Satterfield, and I gave this year's KCSFFS spec-fic writer's workshop at the Writers Place
- Made a health update on my eating and exercise progress. Semi-paleo eating and regular exercise FTW!
I hope your month is going well!