Click the image to go to Minnesota Public Radio's The Daily Circuit page.
It's a call-in show, so join me! If nothing else, I'd love to hear some of your recent and upcoming SF-reading recommendations: In your opinion, what should I make sure to mention?
Week in Review:
- Prometheus rocks. It has now become one of my favorite movies. Must see again, soon. Loved it so much, in fact, that I must now re-watch the whole anthology. Started last night with the much-derided #4, Alien: Resurrection, which I have always liked (except for the last few minutes). clevermanka had the same reaction, and came up with the best ending: Monster-Baby follows Ripley back to the Betty, Ripley terrified that it's hunting her. She jumps aboard just as the ship lifts off, and we see Monster-Baby raise its arms, look sad, and cry as it watches her leave - she realizes it just wanted to be with her, not harm her, and she can have the same emotional response as they watch the military vessel crash with her baby aboard. Fixed. You are full of story-fixin' awesome, clevermanka, here and of course in helping me work through blocks in Jack and Stella.
- Astro-Porn of the Day: Two Solar Eclipses, one with Ray Bradbury. Lots of photos from the Venus transit of the Sun and the solar eclipse. Also, tons of information about the Venus transit here.
- Remembering Ray Bradbury. James Gunn's remembrance, and a few words from me. Plus a great letter from Bradbury to a fan.
- ConQuest convention report.
- Campbell Award and Sturgeon Award finalists, plus Campbell Conference update.
And of course:
This means I'm over half way to the 30,000 word sample I plan to complete in time to submit to an agent before the SF Writing Worshop begins. At at average of 1000 words/day (as it seems I've been doing lately), it'll be close but totally do-able. HOORAY!